Thursday, February 18, 2010

movie clubs & jeggings

everyone's done it at one point in their life. we all know about the requirements and necessary fulfillment of monetary obligation. i'm talking, of course, about music/movie clubs. in college, i joined bmg. 11 cd's for $1 always lured me in. nevermind that i had to buy 4 (or more) at full price in the next 24 months. plus s&h. certainly they had their 1/2 price sales that didn't count toward your obligatory 4. and i would always indulge in the sales. over $100 later, and i would come to my senses and cancel my membership. disney's got me all twitterpated now over 5 dvds for $1, free shipping, another for $11.95 and yet another for $8.95. that means i only have to buy 2 more plus shipping, right?

my next major beef is jeggings. and guys in jeggings. for those over the age of 15, jeggings are actually leggings made to look like jeans. i've put up with emo guys wearing skinny jeans. and i've look away from guys wearing capris. but i put my foot down when it comes to guys wearing skin-tight, ankle-baring, elastic-waisted jeggings. judge for yourself...


yes, that is a guy. he's lead singer for some band called aim & ignite.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I am happy to say I never once did the BMG or Columbia House or anything like that. It was tempting, but I withheld. Also, jeggings....wrong.. totally horrible looking on guys

tinka stinka said...

i like the other guys striped jacket.

when you take nyc fashion and drop it anywhere else in the world it just never translates. it's like another language that takes years to learn. not that i'm justifying jeggings, but it's not something anyone would look twice at here.

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Tricia Bagley said...

I did the BMG thing over and over! I would join, get my free cd's, purchase the required ones and quit. Then, I'd start all over again. I lack self control when I see a 'good deal.' Jeggings? Gross.

mom said...

ew ew ew - jeggings
agree with anonymous
book clubs - same as tricia