Thursday, July 31, 2008

becoming jane...let the sewing commence

last year i was a hardened witch reporter. this year, i feel like i'm slowly (thanx) embodying the person i will be 'costumed' as. i have immersed myself into her world, reading everything i can get my hands on that will help me to know her better. i am working on becoming 'an accomplished lady'. me mum taught me to knit whilst i was there last and undertaking the sewing of this dress is a huge feat to me. i will be renting 'becoming jane' again and watching several times. the first 9 slots in my netflix queue are either film adaptations of jane's novels or documentaries about jane herself. i honestly feel at this juncture that there is very little you could tell me about jane that i wouldn't already know. now don't ask me to do an impromptu oral report from memory, but i could probably take a test and do fairly well. the same could be said for lord of the rings, harry potter, or twilight. by the by, my two gals and i are going to a midnight release party at b&n on friday for the next twilight book. it will be fun to see all the vegetarian vampire fans there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's so fun to be out at midnight! i'm so proud of you for trying new things and always learning. [btw, check your word "slowing" as opposed to "slowly".] tab is going to let me borrow her copy of the new one!

Shannon said...

I absolutely cannot wait till Friday night! (I too saw the slowing error as well haha)