Wednesday, August 22, 2007

first day of school and wands




















so monday was the first day of school. i caved and bought all kinds of really cute/somewhat trendy/neo-80s clothes for my girl this year (complete with skinny jeans and leggings). i guess i want her to be able to look back at pics and think, i was really cute. or something like that.

then i got a link from tink for wands, so i promptly made a half a dozen. i think i will put some on etsy just to see if i can sell them. the pink one is just for kicks - i hate it. the second one is my favorite - the most like hermione's. maybe i'll offer a mini book of spells with the wands as an incentive. thanks to tink for the dadcando website.
my harry wands have another coat of paint to go.






















and here is my crepe myrtle wand that i worked on. the handle is dyed with blueberry and the shaft is dyed with a tea/coffee mixture.












okay, i finished them.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. you're like my uber-geek hero.

glad you dig the link. harry wands might just be a big sell on etsy, you never know...

Unknown said...

possibly

Anonymous said...

mom said... omg! i never thought you'd be the BEST wand maker!!! ok, i really did think so, since you ARE my daughter... the wood looking ones are fantastic and save the pink one for me, please???

Shannon said...

I see Luna digging the hot pink wand. haha Maybe in a year or so for the Hogwarts kids colored wands will become the style.....haha hmm...I wonder if they do have trends...