Wednesday, August 15, 2007

you wouldn't pull that crap with annette

movies...
this summer, i've been catching up on 'classic' movies i'd never seen (ie, cutting edge, but also pretty woman & gidget). yes, i'd never seen pretty woman. i wasn't that impressed, really.
i've also been re-watching old favorites (?) - namely grease. last weekend, nickelodeon aired grease, and to my delight, it was very edited. i actually got to enjoy it with it's several lines missing from 'greased lightning' and a couple of scenes were deleted. it's weird to have grown up with your parents quoting lines from a movie (you're cruisin' for a bruisin') and then, when you're older, you watch the movie with a more critical eye and realize how bad it is. i even bought the soundtrack when i was at pcc ('wpcc, where the only rock around here is Jesus Christ') and i don't remember hearing the bad lyrics then either. well, anyway i had this really profound point of view this morning in the shower, but an extended phone call with my mom, fellow pink lady, had obliterated it from my mind. 'obliviate!' so i issue a challenge. finish the song line by line in the comments, taking turns, if you can.

I'll start:
Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee





wand carving starting soon...

11 comments:

embee said...

something something virginity? stuck with my virginity? something like that.

Anonymous said...

Lousy with virginity
[ps i know all the rest, but i won't spoil it]

Anonymous said...

[it's mom.... i forgot my google blogger account name!!] krista, you said you were going to write about how i was pulling out laundry and said, i'm going to wear my pink ladies shirt today and you said, omg! I was just typing the title to my blog today about pulling that crap with annette!!!
love mom

Anonymous said...

from mom, by the way, the second line of song was from me too, i'm nonny gammy anonymous today. i wuv gwease.

Anonymous said...

MB stole my answer...

embee said...

won't go to bed till i'm legally wed?

Shannon said...

I can't, I'm Sandra Dee

Unknown said...

watch it! hey i'm doris day

Shannon said...

I was not brought up that way

Anonymous said...

no it's watch it! elvis, elvis, let me be...
keep that pelvis far from me

Unknown said...

actually, i cheated and looked up the lyrics and i had it right - elvis comes later