Thursday, August 30, 2007

famous relations and more costume nonsense?

why do i have this picture from grease? because, before he passed away, my grandaddy revealed to me that putzy (far left) is related to us. he is my grandaddy's cousin's grandson. i am also related to daniel boone, whom i found out was related to abraham lincoln. quite a list. i can't remember anything else. my dad knew the actual last mohican chief - don strickland. not quite the indian name that you would expect - true story, though.
i got my wig in the mail yesterday. i need a haircut so it will all fit underneath...












and these are the glasses i want to get. but i will probably end up with drugstore readers.




if i am unable to get my dream shoes, then these will have to do in a pinch.



3 comments:

Shannon said...

You should take a pic of yourself in the wig....I bet Rita does pretty cool makeup too...you are going to have fun with this costume!

bee in her bonnet rita said...

false eyelashes fo sho

Lisa said...

I guess this means we're cousins. My great great g-pa married Daniel Boone's sister. :) I knew it - we're family!