Thursday, January 17, 2008

odd things you remember


i want to give a birthday shout out to my best friend from the first grade, shelly scriver. today is her birthday, and although i haven't seen her since my wedding (1999) and once in 1993, i still remember that today is her birthday. weird, huh?

by the way, this guy graduated when i was in first grade. as a kid, i always thought he looked like barry manilow. what do you think?


ps, what weirdo 7 year-old knows who barry manilow is? poor barry, now that i look at this pic, it's almost like a caricature of him. the huge basset hound eyes and the jimmy durante nose. he's like a freak of nature. i'm pretty sure he's had work done. check it out:


he almost looks like rod stewart now.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r so convoluted!

Anonymous said...

i agree with your mom, you're weird.

Shannon said...

brilliant!

Unknown said...

i knew i could count on you.

Anonymous said...

convoluted is not necessarily weird... it means your brains takes many twists and turns in the reasoning process.. which is very awesome

Anonymous said...

Ok, the Shelly picture???? Oh my! I wished for 14 years that I would never see her face again, and lo and behold, 16 years after I punched her repeatedly in it, here is her face staring right at me in the warm confines of my own home. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Thanks a lot, Krista! lol